Tuesday 30 August 2016

ANN7 announces hosts for I Am South African

ANN7 today announced that both Hulisani Ravele and Maps Maponyane will be returning to the channel to host the South African of the Year build up show, I Am South African.

Hulisani hosted the first 'season' of the show in 2014, whilst Maps apparently hosted the second season. During the 2014 season, Ravele hosted each and every edition of the show, Monday to Friday, and even taped weekend editions of the show. However, she did not get to host the South African of the Year Awards that year, which was instead hosted by Bonang Matheba.

In 2015, Maps was announced as the host of both I Am South African and the awards show. However, he was seen so rarely on the daily chat show with regular ANN7 anchors filling in for him on most days. Maponyane was only ever in studio for big interviews and then off on the other days.

“Maps and I are excited that ANN7 has brought us back to host a show that promotes the narrative of positivity about South African. I had a great time in 2014 and I can’t wait for the viewers to see what we have in store for them this year,” Hulisani said in a statement.

“I’m excited to host the show with Hulisani. I think it’s a great way to celebrate this year’s most innovative, inspiring and entertaining work by South Africans,” Maps added.

The two are also slated to host the South African of the Year Awards.

I Am South African premieres on ANN7 (DStv 405) on September 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment